Today is my birthday…I came into the world on a hot July afternoon 26 years ago – I can’t believe it!! My poor mom had to celebrate her wedding anniversary (which was yesterday – my parents celebrated 29 years!) in labor with stubborn little me. The plan was for me to be born at home, but I apparently didn’t like the idea and decided to turn backwards and make that task impossible. The ambulance ride to the hospital turned me around and then I was born pretty much right away.
I thought it would be fun to write about some of the highlights since my last birthday (in no particular order)…
- I have more than doubled the growth of my business – which I am extremely thankful for
- Donny and I adopted a dog and increased the level of joy & entertainment in our house by 100% – not that our house was sad and boring before – but you dog owners out there know what I mean
- My dear friend/former classmate & roommate Kim who now lives in Chicago FINALLY got engaged (haha just kidding Kim) and asked me to be her maid of honor in her wedding this November
- I became an aunt for the second time…my brother & his wife had their second child on 7/3/08…a little boy named Noah Jack
- I shot my first (of many more I hope) destination wedding in Texas last November
- My little brother Jake enjoyed his first beer with us on his 21st birthday back in April
- Donny and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary in March
- My cousin Andrea who I work with just got engaged and I had the pleasure of shooting her engagement session last week (blog post coming soon). We talk about our men all the time and we have been waiting for the day her man was going to pop the question. He did while they were on a mission trip in Brazil and it was beautiful!
- My sister in law Jenny moved back to town and now lives right up the street…oh yeah and she found herself a good man too
- My aunt and long-time family friend both were diagnosed with breast cancer and are both in remission – praise God!
I am sure I’m missing some, but that’s all I have time to think about right now. After a meeting with a prospective client, Donny is taking me to see The Dark Knight tonight and I can’t wait! He already sent me flowers…I am a blessed woman!